Congrats for Nandi Award 2007- Gold for Chandrahas- Best National Integration Film. How do you feel about Nandi Award- Gold for Chandrahas?
I am very happy that the film with Hindu/Muslim sentiment and handled in a manner which would not hurt either Muslim or Hindu feelings won the Gold Nandi award. It is a great honor and humbled me as producer and actor in the film. I took lot of personal and financial risks in making the movie. All those difficulties are all past history in the wake of the Nandi Gold award. As an NRI to achieve these heights brings me more joy as I can tell my self that I did not forget the motherland and makes me closer.
* Telugu Physicians are 2nd Richest Physicians in USA, What does secrete of success of Telugu physicians in USA?
Personal touch with patients, good beside manner, the way we are brought up to treat all the people who come to see us as our guests etc., Knowledge and know how are secondary when you are dealing in people business especially when you are treating ailing . Kindness takes us long way.
* Can you tell us about your childhood and family?
I was always enjoyed acting even from 3-4 years of age. I completed my High school at SV High School, SV Junior College and SV Medical College all in Tirupati. I was playing in dramas all through my school and college days. While in Medical College I participated in various drama competitions called Parishads and traveled all around Andhra Pradesh and played both natikas (1hr long) and natakams (2hr long). Directed several plays.
* Can you tell us about your educational life?
I finished medicine and came to USA and did my residency in Neurology at Wayne State University, did fellowships in clinical neurophysiology and sleep medicine and currently practicing in Detroit metropolitan area.
* Being a doctor, why did you choose to get into movies?
As I explained earlier acting has been with me from my childhood. After developing successful medical career I wanted to pursue my soul.
* How and when did this interest to get into movies develop?
From my childhood.
* Who is your inspiration?
I do not know, it is natural for me. I watched many mythological movies and especially NT Ramarao garu is one my great inspiration
*You are an actor turned producer turned filmmaker, you are also a renowned neurologist, a socialist and an entrepreneur. How do you find time for all these?
Krishi Unte manushulu Rushuloutharu, Mahapurushuloutharu.
* What kind of movies do you like to watch?
All kind of movies. Fiction, fantasy, social and especially story with some meaning and the message. Without those movies do not interest me. Personally my personality is made by watching some of the message oriented movies.
* Happiest moment of your career?
Happiest moment is when I saw I got into medical school. From my childhood I wanted to follow footsteps of my mom who is a doctor.
* Why did you choose to take an art film rather than going for commercial film?
As I said I wanted to make some difference. I want to do movies only with some message.
* Why isn’t art film as successful as commercial films?
By the name it self commercial films are made to keep audience happy although the movie. With message oriented movies the message is the hero. No one like to be told what to do especially when they are paying some money to come and see the movie.
* Why did you select Social related Movies like National Award Film- Hope?
If I can make difference in the world and save some life’s it is a great punyam.
* Who are your favorite film maker and Actor?
Favorites are too many to mention
* Can you name a few with whom you like to work with in film industry?
Ramanaidu garu, Raghavendra Rao garu, Jagapathi Babu, Charmee, Devisri prasad, to name very few.
* What’s your favorite movie?
Dana veera Soora Karna
* Is there any movies that you wish you could have acted or produced?
I cannot think any
* Any Development works of you in India, USA?
I am working on various projects and two movies completed shooting and are in post production. Dr. Paramanandaiah’s student’s gang and Movie by surya kiran.
* Any Telugu Community helps of you?
Working through American Telugu association, Andhrapradesh medical graduates USA inc., spread India and various organizations I am working to provide good health care, clean water and education.
* Do you have any plans of getting into Film Direction too?
* Your Opinion on Telugu Film Industry?
Beautiful industry and works like family. Of course any family would have some difference of opinions and at the end of the day everyone try to watch for others.
*Future for Healthcare in India? Any Healthcare plans of you in India?
I think there is great opportunity in health care industry in India and it is rapidly expanding and I am vice-chairman of Global hospital group.
* Whom do you credit for your success?
God’s grace and hard work. God helps who help themselves.
* Are you interest with American Politics/Indian Politics?
* What are your future plans?
Continue to do what is best in all the fields I am involved in.
* Any advise for the aspiring Doctors and your fans?
Go with your heart. Try hard. Don’t get disappointed. Failures are stepping stones for success.
Thanks for spending your precious time with us. Wish you all the best for your future