Author Topic: Julayi Movie Review - First on Net  (Read 14096 times)

Offline pawanist

• Pawan Kalyan Follower...Ram Charan Fan
  • Global Moderator
  • Mega Member
  • ĸonιdala ғan
    • chiranjeeviblog
Julayi Movie Review - First on Net
« on: August 08, 2012, 11:29:16 PM »
Three people, whose earlier films didn't do well in the past, team together for the first time. 'Allu Arjun' who came up with a below average result with last movie 'Badrinath'. The maverick director 'Trivikram Srinivas' whose last film 'Khaleja' bombed at the box office. They both are teaming together for the first time.

They added beautifulilleana, who couldn't mesmerize the audience in her last few films, to their team. Lets see to how much extent did they succeed.
Analysis: There is a famous saying 'Focus on something which you are best at and victory will be yours'. That completely applies to Julayi film. Instead of trying something new, the director tried out a subject/genre which is most comfortable with. It seems, Trikiram had decided not to try anything different after his last film 'Khaleja'. Even Allu Arjun seemed to stop focussing on roles which don't suit him. Trivikram is at his best for scripts like these. He already proved his mettle for films like Nuvvu Naku Nachav, Malleswari, Chirunnavutho etc. I think, even if you wake him up in the midnight and ask him to pen a script like this, he would give it in a couple of hours. The entire film flows like a smooth fluid from the beginning to the end. Other interesting thing is how the marketing team projected the movie in the trailers. He cleverly revealed the entire story and tuned the audience via the trailer. Finally, the film delivers what they promised. Wholesome entertainment. This film will definitely be one of the biggest hits for Allu Arjun in the overseas.
Other departments: Cinematography is excellent. Dances are good. Editing is crisp. Music director Devi Sri prasad has this habit of including a bit song in the films which is not there in the audio cassette. He first tried this technique in 'Manmadha Banam' starring Kamal Hassan. The bit song comes in the beginning and it is not included in the official audio cassette. He followed the same approach with 100% love also. The song 'Bandam ekkado (The video's owner prevents external embedding)' also comes in the movie as a bit song but not included in the official audio cassette. In the same way, he included another bit song in the second half of this movie. That bit song has the required emotion. I was little disappointed when I didn't find a full item song in this film. Production values are extravagant. Coming to the songs, I really doubt if the songs are penned by other song writers. We see the spirit of 'Prasa' which is a trademark of Trivikram in every song. I guess, Trivikram had taken personal care and wrote few songs himself. Especially, 'O Madhu O Madhu song' and 'Mee inti mundoka gate'. May be, he got inspired from
Sirivennala Seeta Rama Sastry Small | Large

Trivikram followed a simple and straight-forward narration style. There are no major suspenses and no back-forth falshback narrations. He properly tunes the audience mind when the initial voice over is given in the beginning. Even though the film is good, I can't resist from saying that this film has similarities with 'Ammayi Kosam' starring Meena and Raviteja. 'Ammayi Kosam' was a message oriented film without any commercial elements. But here in this case, they have taken care to add commercial elements and made it appealing to telugu audience without giving a heavy dose of message.

Drawbacks:
First fifteen minutes after the interval involving the hospital scenes.
  • Nothing new in the story line.
  • Too many number of artists.

Highlights:
Voice over by ***** (I won't reveal the suspense :))
  • Trivikram's Screenplay and punch dialogues / one-liners.
  • Comedy
  • Cinematography
  • Pakado Pakado song. It has the interesting Cricket backdrop. I liked that idea. You should watch it on the screen.
  • Rolling titles at the end of the movie.
  • The entire love track between Arjun and Illeana.

Performances: It is really good to see Bunny back in a character like Julayi. He suits well for urban youth characters. After watching him in a masculine character in 'Badrinath', we feel like a breeze when we watch him in this film. He had already done roles like this in 'Happy' and 'Arya'. So, it is not a  new / difficult task for him. He tried his level best to utter the one-liners with ease. He almost succeeded at all the places. He has a huge fan following in Kerala. He had taken extreme care in his dressing style and dances in order to impress the audience outside Andhra pradesh. When I was watching a couple of songs on the silver screen, I felt that bunny justified his 'Stylish Star' title' with this film.

Illeana is back to 'Kick' days. I liked her in 'Kick'. After that, this is the film she looked too beautiful. She also took care to put on few pounds after her last film 'Snehitudu'. Her action near the interval scene is good. She appears as a hi-tech engineer in the film (working in I** company) with a responsibility towards society.

Sonu Sood is good. There are many other artists in the film. Everyone filled the bill to bring out some laughter. Rajendra Prasad's character is as usual. He had done it many times in the past.

Story: Ravi (Allu Arjun) is a pakka Julayi. He is a happy go-lucky person. At a point in his life, he comes across Madhu (Illeana) who is a hi-tech engineer. He falls in love with illeana. After few incidents, Madhu also falls in love with Ravi. In a parallel thread, a gang of people search for Ravi and try to kill him. This leads to an accident which causes a twist in the story. Who is that gang? Why do they want to kill Ravi? How does Ravi come out of the accident and realizes the value of life and responsiblity. At the same time, who is Illeana? Does she really love Ravi? Why does Illeana come into Ravi's life? Is there any reason behind that? How does Ravi put an end to the gang and win Illeana's heart? Watch it on the silver screen.

Rating: 4.0/5.0
Punch line: Julayi : It delivers what is promised and what you expect.
                Go and watch it.
crdits to SAT

Offline haribabu015

• Mega Member
julayi review first on net
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 11:43:27 PM »

Racha Racha.....

Offline madhupatel

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 11:49:05 PM »
racha review. will surely watch repeatedly....

Offline maheshnadella

• Strong Mega Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 12:08:11 AM »
 :13:Super Review...Its Enough for another Mega blockbuster in this year ....

Offline rajaram

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 12:38:32 AM »
 :13:  good review.. voice over by PK i guess

Offline haribabu015

• Mega Member
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 01:01:21 AM »
:13:  good review.. voice over by PK i guess

appudu super  :043: :098: :13:

Offline pawanist

• Global Moderator
  • Mega Member
  • ĸonιdala ғan
    • chiranjeeviblog
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 01:02:22 AM »
ya adi pk ne

Offline haribabu015

• Mega Member
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 01:06:52 AM »

guess chesa...... inka eelalu golalu..... manodu trendy timing tho kummutadu ga ithe dlgs.....

Offline haribabu015

• Mega Member
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 01:34:06 AM »

Cast : Allu Arjun,leana D’Cruz,Rajendra Prasad,Sonu Sood
Banner :Haarika & Hassine Creations
Written & Directed & Screenplay:- Trivikram Srinivas
Producers :- S. Radha Krishna D.V.V. Danayya (presenter)
Music : Devi Sri Prasad
Cinematography : Chota K. Naidu,Shyam K. Naidu

Rating : 4/5

Story:

Ravi (Allu Arjun) is a pakka Julayi. He is a happy go-lucky person. At a point in his life, he comes across Madhu (Illeana) who is a hi-tech engineer. He falls in love with illeana. After few incidents, Madhu also falls in love with Ravi. In a parallel thread, a gang of people search for Ravi and try to kill him. This leads to an accident which causes a twist in the story. Who is that gang? Why do they want to kill Ravi? How does Ravi come out of the accident and realizes the value of life and responsiblity. At the same time, who is Illeana? Does she really love Ravi? Why does Illeana come into Ravi’s life? Is there any reason behind that? How does Ravi put an end to the gang and win Illeana’s heart? Watch it on the silver screen.

Performance:

It is really good to see Bunny back in a character like Julayi. He suits well for urban youth characters. After watching him in a masculine character in ‘Badrinath’, we feel like a breeze when we watch him in this film. He had already done roles like this in ‘Happy’ and ‘Arya’. So, it is not a  new / difficult task for him. He tried his level best to utter the one-liners with ease. He almost succeeded at all the places. He has a huge fan following in Kerala. He had taken extreme care in his dressing style and dances in order to impress the audience outside Andhra pradesh. When I was watching a couple of songs on the silver screen, I felt that bunny justified his ‘Stylish Star’ title’ with this film.

Illeana is back to ‘Kick’ days. I liked her in ‘Kick’. After that, this is the film she looked too beautiful. She also took care to put on few pounds after her last film ‘Snehitudu’. Her action near the interval scene is good. She appears as a hi-tech engineer in the film (working in I** company) with a responsibility towards society.

Sonu Sood is good. There are many other artists in the film. Everyone filled the bill to bring out some laughter. Rajendra Prasad’s character is as usual. He had done it many times in the past.

Technical:

Cinematography is excellent. Dances are good. Editing is crisp. Music director Devi Sri prasad has this habit of including a bit song in the films which is not there in the audio cassette. He first tried this technique in ‘Manmadha Banam’ starring Kamal Hassan. The bit song comes in the beginning and it is not included in the official audio cassette. He followed the same approach with 100% love also. The song ‘Bandam ekkado (The video’s owner prevents external embedding)’ also comes in the movie as a bit song but not included in the official audio cassette. In the same way, he included another bit song in the second half of this movie. That bit song has the required emotion. I was little disappointed when I didn’t find a full item song in this film. Production values are extravagant. Coming to the songs, I really doubt if the songs are penned by other song writers. We see the spirit of ‘Prasa’ which is a trademark of Trivikram in every song. I guess, Trivikram had taken personal care and wrote few songs himself. Especially, ‘O Madhu O Madhu song’ and ‘Mee inti mundoka gate’. May be, he got inspired from Sirivennala Seeta Rama Sastry

Trivikram followed a simple and straight-forward narration style. There are no major suspenses and no back-forth falshback narrations. He properly tunes the audience mind when the initial voice over is given in the beginning. Even though the film is good, I can’t resist from saying that this film has similarities with ‘Ammayi Kosam’ starring Meena and Raviteja. ‘Ammayi Kosam’ was a message oriented film without any commercial elements. But here in this case, they have taken care to add commercial elements and made it appealing to telugu audience without giving a heavy dose of message.

Analysis:.

There is a famous saying ‘Focus on something which you are best at and victory will be yours’. That completely applies to Julayi film. Instead of trying something new, the director tried out a subject/genre which is most comfortable with. It seems, Trikiram had decided not to try anything different after his last film ‘Khaleja’. Even Allu Arjun seemed to stop focussing on roles which don’t suit him. Trivikram is at his best for scripts like these. He already proved his mettle for films like Nuvvu Naku Nachav, Malleswari, Chirunnavutho etc. I think, even if you wake him up in the midnight and ask him to pen a script like this, he would give it in a couple of hours. The entire film flows like a smooth fluid from the beginning to the end.

Drawbacks:
First fifteen minutes after the interval involving the hospital scenes.

Nothing new in the story line.
Too many number of artists.
Highlights:

Voice over by Pawan Kalyan

Trivikram’s Screenplay and punch dialogues / one-liners.
Comedy
Cinematography
Pakado Pakado song. It has the interesting Cricket backdrop. I liked that idea. You should watch it on the screen.
Rolling titles at the end of the movie.
The entire love track between Arjun and Illeana.
Verdict:

It delivers what is promised and what you expect.  Go and watch it.

Offline haribabu015

• Mega Member
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 01:34:54 AM »

though it looks similar there are few additions in this

Offline pawanist

• Global Moderator
  • Mega Member
  • ĸonιdala ғan
    • chiranjeeviblog
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 01:35:16 AM »
okasari chat loki ra

Offline haribabu015

• Mega Member
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 01:37:00 AM »

Julayi’s premier show at USA reports , The first half of the movie is completed and  is awesome with full of comedy and entertainment.

Its sensational and another blockbuster on the way for mega fans.”wow!! With awesome dialogue at peak  “Laksha rupayala lottery ticketni kooda kastapadi sampadinchina okka rupayithone konali” .

Trivikram dialogues are very funny yet thought provoking . Far ahead and better than his previous films.

Rajendra Prasad is the surprise package in the film . He is the main character travels with bunny through out the film.

There are dialogues referring to Chiranjeevi ( Challenge ) and Pawan Kalyan ( Kushi ) in the film.

Allu arjun is good . He rocked in punch dialogues . Dances in two songs are good . He is the energy of the Film

In one of the song , Bunny imitated ANR , Krishna and Chiranjeevi in the dances.

Sonu sood is okay in his role . More than man power , its the brain power used between hero and villain

Brahamanandam’s comedy track is excellent , Climax part with  Bunny’s mind games is ultimate !!

Movie is blockbuster and biggest hit in bunny career.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 01:45:15 AM by pawanist »

Offline siva

• Global Moderator
  • Mega Member
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2012, 09:50:44 AM »

Offline siva

• Global Moderator
  • Mega Member
Julayi Movie Review
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2012, 09:52:10 AM »
Please post all web reviews of Julayi here

Offline siva

• Global Moderator
  • Mega Member
Julayi Movie Review
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2012, 09:54:14 AM »
I am starting off with andhravilas

Movie Title : Julayi
Starring : Allu Arjun, Ileana, Sonu Sood, Rajendra Prasad, Brahmanandham, Kota Srinivasa Rao, Rao Ramesh, MS Narayana, Brahmaji, Shafi
Music Director : Devi Sri Prasad
Producers : S. Radha Krishna, D.V.V. Danayya (Presenter)
Banner : Haarika & Hassine Creations
Art : S. Ravinder
Editing : Praveen Pudi
Action Choreographer : Peter Heins
Cinematography : Chota K. Naidu, Shyam K. Naidu
Story, Screenplay, Dialogues, Directoion : Trivikram Srinivas
CBFC Rating : U/A

Story:
Ravi(Allu Arjun) is a middle class guy who always love to have easy money. His father Narayana Murthy is a middle class employee who always opposes his son for his activities. At a point in his life, he comes across Madhu (Illeana) who is a hi-tech engineer. He falls in love with illeana. After few incidents, Madhu also falls in love with Ravi. In a parallel thread, a gang of people search for Ravi and try to kill him. This leads to an accident which causes a twist in the story.
Handling a large amount of cash after robbery Ravi meets Bittu seeking lift in his car. Bittu who tries to rob that cash from Ravi gets a great blows from him. Thus the rivalries between them raises and Ravi and Bittu becomes enemies. Will Ravi become rich within single shot? Will Bittu mafia with stand before Ravi? How does Ravi come out of the accident and realizes the value of life and responsibility?
At the same time, who is Illeana? Does she really love Ravi? Why does Illeana come into Ravi’s life? Is there any reason behind that? How does Ravi put an end to the gang and win Illeana’s heart? To get answers for these, watch the film.

Dialogues:
-->Laksha rupayala lottery ticketni kooda kastapadi sampadinchina okka rupayithone konali
-->After all Cigarette packet meedhey "nannu thaagodhu, potharu" ani raasinappudu, naalantodu "nannu kelakodhu, chastharu" ani cheppakapothey ela?
-->Bayam vestundhi ani horror pictures chudatam manesthama amma, adhi oo bad habit, veedu anthey
-->Tellaragatle kodi kuda legustundhi emi baagu padindhi? chicken vandukuni tinestharu
-->Manaki telisina pani free ga cheyakudadhu, manaki raani pani try cheyakudadhu
-->Middle class life naa valla kadhu, kodithey okate dhebba, life motham settle ipovali
-->Mari violent ga unnadu, puvvulni ammayilani chupinchandi ra

Performances:
As in many of his previous films, Allu arjun’s performance is very energetic in this urban youth character. Along with that, he has a great change over in his acting in some key scenes. His comedy timing is mind blowing. His dances are energetic and fights are awesome. He tried his level best to utter the one-liners with ease. He almost succeeded at all the places.
Ileana as Madhumathi was cute and glamourous resembles Bhagamathi from Jalsa. Her cute acting will definitely steal the hearts of youth.and both look awesome on screen with good chemistry. other characters are perfect in their roles. Her action near the interval scene is good. She appears as a hi-tech engineer in the film with a responsibility towards society.
Rajendra Prasad’s character is as usual. He had done it many times in the past. Brahmanandham and Hema pair as Babai and Sujatha created some laughs again. SonuSood as Bittu is perfect as a baddie. Thanikella Bharani, Kota Sreenivasarao made justice to their characters. There are many other artists in the film. Everyone filled the bill to bring out some laughter.

Technical aspects:
Behind the screen, Trivikram is the heart and sole of the film. Though he followed a simple and straight-forward narration style with no major suspense and no back-forth flashback narrations, he made it clear right from the beginning. He properly tunes the audience mind when the initial voice over is given in the beginning. His direction & screenplay are simply superb and he etched the lead characters such that more than man power, it’s the brain power that has been used between hero and villain. His dialogues are excellent; they will definitely come along with us from the theaters. They are very funny yet thought provoking. For the 1st time we will be hearing some double meaning dialogues from Trivikram.
Music director Devi Sri Prasad’s album is already a huge hit and background score is nothing less than that. Cinematography is excellent and brought fresh look for the film. Editing is crisp. Production values are of top notch. Dance choreography is good in three songs and visuals are awesome in two songs. Action choreography & art direction are as required.

Analysis:
Julayi comes as complete family entertainer, which can easily connect to youth audience. Its range will depend on how well mass B, C Center audience receive it. For a common B, C center audience, this movie might need a repeated watching to get complete idea over the movie, because of multiple twists. This might be a bit on negative side. No, doubt you will definitely enjoy the movie. The movie takes off well in first 20 mins with series of comedy episodes the first half entertains while coming to second half with multiple twists and some lag in narrating the movie slows a bit and 2nd half look average. The entire film flows like a smooth fluid from the beginning to the end.
Highlights:
-->Trivikram’s Screenplay and punch dialogues
-->The entire love track between Arjun and Illeana.
-->Voice over by Pawan Kalyan!!
-->Songs (cinematography, choreography, performance)
-->Rolling titles at the end of the movie

Drawbacks:
-->Lag in narration in 2nd half, especially, the first 20 minutes after the interval involving the hospital scenes
-->Common or B,C center audience might not get complete idea over the film and might need a 2nd time watch
-->Too many number of artists

Verdict:
Trivikram has a winner on his hands. First half is breezy with very good comedy and the second half has good twists, despite some drags in parts. It delivers what is promised and what you expect. Watch it and it won’t disappoint you.
Rating: 3.5/5 - Hit is on the cards!
-JJ