In 1970s, director Vijayabapineedu used to run a monthly film magazine named 'Vijaya'. The magazine used to publish moviereview s and the fin ... s even today. The previous decade witnessed the emergence of web media. The rating system on movies in film websites was started and netigens started to read movie review s quite interestingly.
Unfortunately, it appears no transparency in review s and ratingsof the movies is seen in movie review s at present, as per many movie buffs. So, let's have a review on movie review s by different media sources, which include print media, web media and electronic media.
WHAT EXACTLY IS HAPPENING NOW?:
* If the movie has been made classically, despite the bore content,the movie is being given good rating.
* If the movie is a mass masala entertainer, review writers feel it asan ordinary content and rate the movie low in spite of many good qualities in the movie.
* If the movie is made for awards, obviously rating of the movie wouldbe high.
* If it is a mythological, historical or a multi starrer, the rating will be high.
* Most of the review s are written for the people of Overseas, even today. Unfortunately, some people of OS can't analyze the difference between a good movie and a bad movie due to lack of sufficient sources.
* Finally, the review writers have noconcern on the tastes and likes of the reader.
WHAT EXACTLY DOES A READER WANT FROM A MOVIE review ?:
* The reader in fact, wants to know whether the movie lives upto the expectations at the box office or not. Moreover, before going to watch the movie, he wants to know the exact status of the movie through the review and rating.
HOW DOES A review GET CREDIBILITY?
* The review writer's perception should not be changed for varying genres of the movies. That means, even if it is a good mass entertainer,good ratings must be given. Even if a class and family entertainer lacks sufficient entertainment and content, poor ratings must be given.
* People don't prefer to watch someof the movies even though they possess lot of ethical values and offer good messages. However, there may not be a sufficient entertainment quotient in those movies to satisfy their tastes. Better, review writers mention those movies as 'strictly recommended for awards' and they can give a very good rating for those movies. The readers can understand the situation.
WHAT HAPPENS IF NO IMPROVEMENTDONE IN FILM review S?
* The readers gradually loses the credibility on review s.