Ten Years for Pawan Kalyan's 'Johnny'
Power Star pawan kalyan's 'Johnny' was released on 25th April, 2003 and completed ten years on 25th of April. Renu Desai paired up with him. Ramana Gogula composed the music of the film while Allu Aravind produced the movie on Geetha Arts. pawan kalyan, himself, directed this movie. The movie was a disaster at the box office. Then why should we remember this movie again? Following reasons might give you an idea why the movie should be ever remembered.
* 'Johnny' is said to be one of much hyped movies of tollywood in its 82 years of history.
* pawan kalyan proved how he is different from other heroes through this movie.
* His attitude towards the society was revealed in this movie. 'Nuvvu saara thaagakuranno' sang by pawan kalyan was one of his messages.
* pawan kalyan shaped his body in such a way he really appeared like Bruce Lee. Not even one gram of additional fat was seen in his body. His 'Khushi's bubbly look completely changed.
* Before the release of this movie not even a single still of the movie was released to the press and so the media was quite annoyed with the makers and the hero.
* Allu Aravind's way of promotion of the movie before its release was quite innovative and every new producer of tollywood should learn from him. 'Johnny' shirts, 'Johnny' watches and other accessories made a hulchul in the market.
* pawan kalyan's sense of music once again revealed as one of the evergreen melodies 'Ee reyi theeyani' was remixed for this film. Ramana Gogula had given superb music for this movie.
* Though the movie was a dud, pawan kalyan's technical brilliance on this department was revealed.
* The movie was sold out to more than Rs. 20 crores an all time record price then and even today it is a good amount for a star hero.
* Since the movie tasted losses in all areas, pawan kalyan paid his remuneration back to the buyers of the movie.