Author Topic: Tollywood's Angle- Exploitation and Violence against Women  (Read 430 times)

Offline PopCorner

• Megafan
Tollywood's Angle- Exploitation and Violence against Women
« on: November 25, 2013, 11:03:59 PM »

Today being an “International day for Elimination of Violence against Women”;, Let us look into this aspect in Tollywood’s view. Our male dominated Film Industry is not an exception when gender ratio is taken into consideration. But here we are not discussing about gender ratio, we are emphasizing our focus on gender inequalities, discrimination and violence against female.

When Male-Female artist’s ratio taken into consideration- nothing to criticise since the count is almost the same. I am just pointing out on screen actors.
Few people have a say for equal payment for male artists and female artists, but I don’t agree with it- just because in Film Industry salary will be just based on their market and weight they add to the movie with their already existing popularity. Don’t know why, but male actors have better fan following than female from Industry’s initial days.
They live in dark world and their lives are up for sale, completely unethical life- this is an open opinion about Tollywood’s actresses among general audience. I am sure that it is not 100 per cent true but few examples drive us to such an opinion such as Silk Smitha, Divya Bharathi, Monica Bedi and many more character artists who have been caught in recent sex & drug scandals.
Among directors, technicians and producers also women are very less in number, it is just because these require a lot a physical strain apart from being creative. But there is a serious need for women in these fields to reduce the atrocities against female film models, actress and character artists.
Recently I was going through profile of a popular film producer (who is some 50 years old) and found few shocking things. He celebrated his birthday in the presence of few political and film celebrities, who were into foreign bar dancers in two pieces dresses. He also posed to photographs taken by media journalists with bar girls. Later I have also moved on to his Fb account to watch he has for us over there, he has 400 girls with semi-nude profile pics as friends and most of those girls have their profession related to Telugu Film Industry (either a model or a upcoming actress). I am not questioning the bar girls and girls with semi-nude pics as profile pics. It is their profession and it might have been forced to them to get involved in such an acts.

What does a producer has to do with all this stuff, and what is he actually displaying all this information on social networking sites. Is this his Senselessness or his view point towards women? This is just a case and I don't want conclude anything here.

“Above case portrays us, 50- year old man exploiting girls just because he has money and power. But when questioned by media, they just over take the issue by giving some examples like Rakhee, Kante Kooturine Kanali and Annavaram. Let the discussion be frank, wasn't Ileana in Rakhee movie shown as attractive model more than an actress. Building the story just for fooling people with commercial idea doesn't solve the issue.”

“Everyone knows that watching movies is optional and we are in democratic country- But this is a society & everyone has a responsibility towards it. And no one has right to spoil balance and ethics of society.”

« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 08:41:27 AM by siva »