Author Topic: 1-Nennokaddine (Naaokkadi review)  (Read 356 times)

Offline kalyanam

1-Nennokaddine (Naaokkadi review)
« on: January 13, 2014, 09:35:04 AM »
This is going to be a very long review to type and my first this year. We would see how the reputation of the team involved preceedes the final product and how the over- hype surrounding a movie can damage its commercial prospects post release.

14:00 hours

Offline kalyanam

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 06:01:32 PM »
As the shows till weekend at our local PVR were booked house full, we left our hopes of catching our Superstar as Rockstar till Monday. Like a miracle the INOX situated at the outskirts of the city opened bookings for the movie and we grabbed two seats for me (never missed a Mahesh movie since, Pokiri) and my friend (likes Mahesh).

Gautham's acting was a nice surprise, he is good.

Who Am I song was a damp squib in picturisation.

Kriti's journalist act was at times irritating but, looked like she was enjoying herself especially in the beach-side song.

Kelly Dorjee was menacing and the fights composed by Peter Heins were good but, the chase sequence in the sea seemed a tad extended.

Interval twist accompanied by Mahesh's dry sense of humor was neat.

Movie was boring in parts during the Goa episode with the hallucination theme sometimes over-utilized.

'Your the one for me' seemed misplaced or not required because of it acting as a speed-breaker and 'London babu' didn't made any sense also, it didn't have to make any.

Illogical accident sequences with the trio of Mahesh, Kriti and Posani Krishna surviving such massive car crashes was hillarious.

Pradeep Rawat wasn't really needed as the third villan and his son's role appeared forced.

Unnecessary twists related to Nasser and dragged climax were really testing the patience as eventhough I wanted to leave the multiplex halfway through the second half my friend wanted to stay till the end.

And, why would a kid walk such a long distance from his home to his school bus-stop ?

Kriti n Posani Krishna Murali

Background score

A couple of fights in first half

Dragged screenplay

Bad editing

Songs placement

Running Length

The hall was half full on the release day for the 7:00 PM show and the fans themselves were left disappointed.

Mahesh has delivered his best but, the editing and the scripting department are to be blamed here.

Producers were generous.

Devi was meticulous.

Sukumar was courageous but, I think it has become a norm for the male lead in his movies to have certain kind of behavioural complex right from Arya, Jagdam, arya-2, 100% love till 1.

Offline rajaram

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 02:11:08 AM »

And, why would a kid walk such a long distance from his home to his school bus-stop ?

London lo anthe emo :043:

Good review.