Author Topic: If not an actor, Tollywood stars would’ve been...  (Read 260 times)

charan fan

If not an actor, Tollywood stars would’ve been...
« on: November 08, 2014, 07:56:02 AM »
They had plans of becoming a rockstar, a DJ, a farmers, a circus artiste, or even a criminalpsychologist. And then, life happened.

Take actor Ram Charan for instance. Even with all the actors and film fraternity members moving in and out of his house, Charan nursed the dream of becoming an automobile engineer 'for the longest time'! "I was keen on pursuing a degree in automobile engineering from Germany and my father never objected. Then, a lot of filmmakers kept asking me when I was going to make my debut in films to continue my father's legacy.
Initially, it took me a long time to pay heed to what they were saying and to change my mind, but it had to happen I guess,
" says Ram Charan.

He isn't the only actor who once dreamt of doing something else in life, until destiny intervened. As surprising as it may sound, Naga Chaitanya dreamt of becoming a DJ! He even did a course in TrinityCollege of Music, London, long before life drew him to the arc lights. "I wasn't very good at studies, but extra-curricular activities were something else. I used to play they keyboard and bass guitar in my school band and later, I went on to study keyboard from Trinity College," says the actor, adding, "I would have been a DJ if I didn't get into films." A hint of his former passion can be seen on the list of DJs that Naga Chaitanya follows on Twitter.

In contrast to Naga Chaitanya's plans, actors like Rana Daggubati and Allu Arjun dabbled with visual effects and animation before the acting bug bit them. "After completing class 12, I started dabbling in computer graphics. This was back in 1996-97,when access to a personal computer was rare," says Allu Arjun.

"Luckily, my younger brother (Sirish) and father were quite enthusiastic about technology and Internet and I guess that's how it rubbed off onto me. During this time, I realised that I loved computer graphics, animation and multi media. I knew that I wanted to take up multimedia as a career," he adds. However, before his dreams could take flight, he made his debut in
films and the rest is history.

Kajal Aggarwal had a serious plan of becoming a hair stylist. Interestingly, she used to try out everything on her sister, Nisha, and cousins. "Before we made our debut in films, I remember
Kajal bribing me to stay calm for a while, because she wanted to experiment on my hair. It's funny to think about it now, but back then, it seemed like she was really serious about
becoming a hair stylist,"Nisha Aggarwal said.

And if you thought Kajal's career plan before she became a hotshot actress in Telugu and Tamil isn't surprising enough, then picture this — Adah Sharma wanted to work at the circus when she was 12! Ask her what led her to contemplate that and she says, "I love animals and I love acrobatics. Right from childhood, I liked entertaining people around me. As a kid, I thought working at a circus would be perfect for me. Once I went to a circus, I was sad that the animals weren't being treated well and I thought if I joined the troupe, I could take care
of them. And yes, I even had plans to take up farming," she chuckles.

The bubbly Regina Cassandra planned out a career in 'criminal psychology'. "I graduated with a degree in psychology and I really want to do my post-graduation in the same, but I'm quite busy with my ongoing projects now. I'm still eager to take up the profession, although I've no idea when I'll be able to complete it," Regina confesses.

source:times of india