Former union minister, MP of Rajyasabha and Megastar Chiranjeevi wrote an open letter to the AP CM Chandrababu Naidu demanding Kapu reservations without troubling BCs. He also takes a dig at CBN for breaking election manifesto's promises. Following are some of the views expressed by Chiranjeevi in his open letter.
* Violence in 'Kapu Garjana' meet held in Tuni of East Godavari was shocking and it was due to the 20 month administration of the TDP that lacks transparency.
* You promised reservations to Kapu, Balija and Ontari castes prior to the general elections, 2014. You also promised to to allot Rs.1000 crores funds for Kapus per every year. But then, after getting into power, you forgot those promises. You also broke the promises like loan waiver to the farmers, one job each for every family and prohibition.
* Instead of Rs.2000 crores for the last two years, you had just allotted Rs.100 crores and said the government was facing financial crisis. This is surprising. You are making foreign tours on flights quite frequently.
* Instead of working sincerely on the issues you are blaming opposition parties.
* You are not doing justice to BCs either. In 2007, you promised 33% seats to BCs. Nevertheless, you broke the promise. You are delaying BC sub plan as well.
* You are maintaining dual standards for the farmers of Amaravati, who gave their lands to you. You didn't even respond on the suicides of four persons who sacrificed their lives for the sake of AP's special status.
* The union government hiked excise duty 7 times for the past 20 months. Even then, you haven't responded.
* If at all, you won't fulfill the election promises, not only the Kapus, BCs and women, but also farmers of Amaravati will agitate to get their demands fulfilled. To overcome complications, you need to maintain transparency in administration instead of blaming opposition parties.