Author Topic: Terror Is Special For Srikanth 25 Years Cinema Journey  (Read 198 times)

Offline Pa1Kalyan

• Global Moderator
  • Mega Member
Terror Is Special For Srikanth 25 Years Cinema Journey
« on: March 03, 2016, 12:55:50 PM »
Hero Srikanth’s last week release ‘Terror’ is slowly pulling the audience attention for its honest narration from director Satish Kasetty and a neat portrayal of protagonist characterization by most dependable artist Srikanth. In commercial terms, the film is faring well in B, C centers but in professional satisfaction terms. ‘Terror’ stood as a special project for producer Shaikk Mastan, director and hero too. 

‘Currently, I am in 25th year of my cinema journey. My first film ‘Encounter’ was released 25 years ago and I played a Naxal leader in it. Coinciding with my silver jubilee year, ‘Terror’ gave me a joy to relish on. In that way, ‘Terror’ is always a special film for me and I owe this success to my producer and director,’ Srikanth informed.

Released amidst very low expectations, ‘Terror’ evolved as one of the best films released in last week and aggressive promotions could have further helped the inflows at ticket counters. Anyways, Srikanth is a happy man and so are producer Shaikk Mastan, director Satish Kasetty.

Offline MbcMen

• Megafan
Terror Is Special For Srikanth 25 Years Cinema Journey
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 02:36:22 PM »
The film falls in the genre of a political thriller. It is laced with family drama and patriotism. Screenplay is gripping with engaging narration. Especially the first half is pretty well executed. Though the main motto of killing CM has been revealed in the beginning itself, the countdown to the D-day will keep audience glued.  How police uses informers is interestingly portrayed. How a sincere cop is dragged into corruption is convincingly shown. Underlying emotions and family bonds are well established without melodrama.

Though the film is slow paced, the content with enough twists and turns keeps it intriguing. Story moves on unleashing dark sides of characters. The good part is that the director chose to stay away from formula stuff like punch dialogues and nagging drama. The film didn’t have any songs to batter the pace either. The first half is certain to make one bring back to his seat in enthusiasm.

However, the second half hasn’t live upto the expectations bar raised by the first half. It gets predictable towards the end. Protagonist appears to be switching on his heroic mode suddenly. The action episodes look artificial. Stunts are not composed to the mark. Production values are so-so. Of course, makers would have made it on shoe-string budget. Background score is in sync with the mood of the film. Perhaps, it appears similar to the one in Bollywood terrorist thriller, Akshay Kumar starrer, Baby.  Cinematography is okay. The content and script is the backbone of the film. It overshadowed the technical glitches.

Srikanth excels as fierce cop. His experience helped in delivering the emotions with his expressions rather than using heavy dialogues. It can be acknowledged as yet another powerful performance as a cop after Khadgam and Operation Duryodhana. It will give big boost to his second innings.

Nikhita as his wife is apt. Nasser and Sudha played their part as parents. After a long time we get to see Kota Srinivas Rao as a bad politician in which he is best at.